Got back from Vegas this morning after taking the red eye flight out at midnight Vegas time, 3 AM EST. I got in at 8 AM and headed to the office after dropping a teammate off. So needless to say I am pretty tired. But the day is almost over and I can finally go home get some dinner and pass out.
But first I wanted to record some initial thoughts from the weekend. Game re-caps and such will come at a later time. First I felt pretty good and my new cleats feel sick. It's been a long time since I've felt this fast and agile on the ultimate field. The only complaint I have is that there is definitely no ankle support and there were a couple times I tweaked it on the mark on just running around. Also the groin was sore but felt good after a weekend where I played 6 games and was trying hard individually. In perspective the week after tournaments this summer I could barely walk the abductors were hurting so much. I also have PT twice this week on Tues and Thurs so hopefully we'll get rolling on getting this thing solved once and for all.
One thing I found that I had problems with was picking up the disc as a primary handle and getting the first throw off. I seem to have a mental block or something as I turned it over multiple times to open in cuts. Something to work on when I can get outside for some throwing sessions.
But first I wanted to record some initial thoughts from the weekend. Game re-caps and such will come at a later time. First I felt pretty good and my new cleats feel sick. It's been a long time since I've felt this fast and agile on the ultimate field. The only complaint I have is that there is definitely no ankle support and there were a couple times I tweaked it on the mark on just running around. Also the groin was sore but felt good after a weekend where I played 6 games and was trying hard individually. In perspective the week after tournaments this summer I could barely walk the abductors were hurting so much. I also have PT twice this week on Tues and Thurs so hopefully we'll get rolling on getting this thing solved once and for all.
One thing I found that I had problems with was picking up the disc as a primary handle and getting the first throw off. I seem to have a mental block or something as I turned it over multiple times to open in cuts. Something to work on when I can get outside for some throwing sessions.
No comments:
Post a Comment