This week I started lifting again following the program at Core Performance. It's a 15 week training regiment which is designed for football skill position players. I did this training last year as well but was working out at home which limited me to what equipment I had access to. Also this year this workout will not be the only thing that I do, but will supplement other things in to work on my weaknesses. The verdict after week one is that I'm pretty tired and sore. It feels good though to get back to some serious training. I've been trying to run a mile a day for the past week and my legs and ankles feel like they are getting back into running form.
I just realized this past week that going to Trouble in Vegas is going to prevent me from attending the UPCC conference in Newton. I attended last year and thought it was pretty awesome for ultimate's first ever event of it's kind. I learned a lot and am trying to get someone from the Wentworth team to go in my stead. Last year the best presentation was definitely Ben Wiggins on Marking strategies at high level ultimate and Brian Woo's training and conditioning for the ultimate athlete. Both are slated to come back to do presentations so I will look to purchase the audio or video through ultivillage at some point.
I just realized this past week that going to Trouble in Vegas is going to prevent me from attending the UPCC conference in Newton. I attended last year and thought it was pretty awesome for ultimate's first ever event of it's kind. I learned a lot and am trying to get someone from the Wentworth team to go in my stead. Last year the best presentation was definitely Ben Wiggins on Marking strategies at high level ultimate and Brian Woo's training and conditioning for the ultimate athlete. Both are slated to come back to do presentations so I will look to purchase the audio or video through ultivillage at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment