Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome to 2008

Well I didn't get to get another post out before the new year but I guess we can start out the year on a good note anyways. So I did the usual for the night and hopped around a couple places before passing out late in the night. Overall a pretty uneventful night but now that we are in 2008 it's a personal reminder that the offseason is moving pretty fast and before you know it I'll be suiting up for another ultimate season.

On New Year's Eve I came back from a week off of rest during Christmas by doing the usual groin and ankle work, but at the end ran for the first time in months. This summer after my ankle and groin injuries I was sidelined to bike work except for playing so it felt pretty good to start up again, even if it was only on the treadmill. I only ran a mile but will be ramping up in the next couple weeks.

Tomorrow I will be heading to NYC for work and this will be the first time that I will be looking to workout when on the road. Staying at the Hilton in Midtown so hopefully there will be some decent facilities. The key is to work hard during the day at the client site, and then it's business time in the gym. A co-work once said on the ability to continue training on the road is that many times you will have the be the party pooper and just keep your mind on the ultimate goal.

After Christmas I stopped by Nike Town and picked up a new pair of Mercurial Talaria III FG's to try for next season. Going back to soccer cleats after reading good reviews of them my some ultimate players and from playing indoor soccer this winter. One of the best things that I like about them first off is that they weigh in at a tiny 8 oz. This is compared for the football cleats I had at the beginning of last season which were 20 oz and then my dependable Vapor TD's which are 12 oz. I'll test them out in winter ultimate as well as some soccer games but we'll see how the ankles fare in these slippers. Might have to get some ankle supports to wear in addition to shore up the support. I might use these for good weather/field conditions and keep my vapors for the rest.

No comments: