Although I was pretty excited to be going on my first solo business outing it fell at an inopportune time. On the day after New Years having to wake up at 4:14 AM to catch a 6AM shuttle is not very fun. Especially if your body just got used to staying up until past 2AM in the morning. As I was watching the over hyped Hawaii vs Georgia game on TV I looked up and saw that it was already 12:30 AM. I quickly finished up packing and got ready for bed and hit the sack. Sleeping didn't last for long before I was back up showering. Dropped Amy off and high tailed it to Logan. The flight was pretty uneventful except for the air blower vent was blowing cold cold air at my head during the whole flight so I didn't get to get a good nap in. This was pretty annoying as I could not turn it off or redirect it. Took a cab into midtown and made a rookie mistake of not getting a receit, grrrr. Got a quick bite to eat and headed off to the client site and pretty much worked all day until 6:30 PM.
Got back to the hotel at 7 and was looking forward to getting a workout in. Plans almost got offtrack immediately as I looked further into the details and found that it was not free for hotel guests. Even with a $279/night charge for the room they wouldn't let us use the treadmills and weights unless we paid another $18. I wavered for about half an hour thinking up good excuses why I should save the money but then said fuck it and decided that if I was going to pay $18 bucks I'll get a full work out in. Turns out the gym is really really nice, all the bikes and treadmills have their own little mini TV's so I was able to catch some basketball/football while getting some cardio in. Also they had a ton of free weights/medicine balls/stability balls and lots of space for people to use them.
Run 1 mile
3x8 Stability Ball push ups
3x10 Stability Ball Pikes
3x8 Romanian Deadlifts 50lbs/60lbs/60lbs
3x10 Lateral Step ups Bodyweight/20lbs/30lbs
2xtwo-arm-1-leg hinge 40lbs/40lbs
2xsingle leg squats Bodyweight/Bodyweight
Bike 10 minutes
Full Stretch
I then ate dinner down at the bar and had the most expensive Guinness and Chicken Quesadillas ever. I'm exhausted now so I'm going to watch a little of the WV/Ohio game and drift off to sleep. Keep up the the good work boys.
Got back to the hotel at 7 and was looking forward to getting a workout in. Plans almost got offtrack immediately as I looked further into the details and found that it was not free for hotel guests. Even with a $279/night charge for the room they wouldn't let us use the treadmills and weights unless we paid another $18. I wavered for about half an hour thinking up good excuses why I should save the money but then said fuck it and decided that if I was going to pay $18 bucks I'll get a full work out in. Turns out the gym is really really nice, all the bikes and treadmills have their own little mini TV's so I was able to catch some basketball/football while getting some cardio in. Also they had a ton of free weights/medicine balls/stability balls and lots of space for people to use them.
Run 1 mile
3x8 Stability Ball push ups
3x10 Stability Ball Pikes
3x8 Romanian Deadlifts 50lbs/60lbs/60lbs
3x10 Lateral Step ups Bodyweight/20lbs/30lbs
2xtwo-arm-1-leg hinge 40lbs/40lbs
2xsingle leg squats Bodyweight/Bodyweight
Bike 10 minutes
Full Stretch
I then ate dinner down at the bar and had the most expensive Guinness and Chicken Quesadillas ever. I'm exhausted now so I'm going to watch a little of the WV/Ohio game and drift off to sleep. Keep up the the good work boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment