Saturday, February 16, 2008

Feb Update

Here is a post Vegas update before too many weeks go by. Indoor starting and we are currently 3-0 going into our bye week. The combo of me NGM and Arun is already pretty potent but add in a couple veteran women and other solid role players make us a pretty scary team as far as indoor goes. Had a monster game in week 2 but think I hurt my ribs with a deep bruise or fracture. Normal activities feel fine but breathing in deeply and lifting weights above my head give me some pain. Going to see the doctor after going to NYC next week so an x-ray will show whats wrong.

Training is going well in terms of increased strength, flexibility, and speed. One thing that I have noticed is that I still am unable to get that explosive energy that I feel at the beginning of games to last. The endurance work I've done so far has been mostly running a mile on the treadmill, biking, or jump-roping. Thinking about this, my theory is that this helps my standard endurance of being able to be active for a long time. But I'll need to do more tabata or sprint workouts to increase my explosive endurance.

Next week I'll be in NYC for business again from Tues-Fri. I've decided that I will take the week off from lifting and do some body weight work and lots of stretching and foam roller work. To this end I got a stretching rope and 1 foot travel roller that I can bring down.

In terms of my groin the PT has shown that losing up the muscles in the lower body: hamstring, IT, quads; have really helped. Things are going pretty well in terms of pain while cutting and training and we are working towards healing things up. I am going to have a reevaluation in about 2 weeks and we'll determine what the next steps are.

Next Fri I will be flying back to NYC instead of taking the train because we'll be having an important Noise meeting in which we'll hear what is going to make in the next season.

Keep working hard boys the summer is coming on fast.

No comments: